Hot and Cold Compresses – Standard, Size – 7 inch X 12 inch, NGL-01-4-011
Hot Packs and Heat Therapy
HEAT THERAPY induces vasodilation; dilating blood vessels, heat therapy may help increase blood circulation. Blood drawn into the target tissues delivers needed oxygen and nutrients, and removes cell wastes. The warmth decreases muscle spasm, relaxes tense muscles, relieves pain, and can increase range of motion. Heat therapy is commonly used for dealing with chronic pain.
Cold Packs and Cold Therapy (Cryotherapy)
COLD THERAPY produces vasoconstriction; decreasing the blood circulation. Slowing the blood flow and other fluids into the injured tissue can reduce swelling, muscle spasm, pain and inflammation.
Cold therapy is commonly used to relieve acute pain (approximately the first 3-5 days of an acute injury).
Product Design Features:
The inside filler of the pack is a formulated non-toxic, biodegradable and filtered bentonite clay which is a natural hydrocolloid filling.
Bentonite benefits the body because it has the ability to produce a charge that is electrical in nature when it comes in contact with liquid. When the clay touches any type of fluid (normally water), it takes on a different charge and is thought to bind to any present toxins within the fluid. While in its natural state, bentonite clay has negatively charged molecules. Most toxins and heavy metals have positively charged molecules. This allows the two to bind together easily and stay united while the toxin removal process happens.
Bentonite essentially “seeks” toxins in the body to bind with because naturally any substance that has a missing ion (which gives it its “charge”) looks for oppositely charged types of substances that will make it complete. Upon binding, the clay is then able to help remove toxins, chemicals, impurities and “heavy metals” from the gut, skin and mouth.
This non-crystallizing filler allows pack to contour and stay pliable when heated or chilled, a contour conforming even after multiple applications of either hot or cold therapy. The enhanced RF durable and nice looking sealing allows multiple uses with added durability. This pack is designed for home and clinical use.
Put the pack in microwave or chill in freezer. When heated, soothes discomfort from stiff neck, backache, arthritis, sprains and bruises. When chilled, soothes discomfort from injury, sprains and strains, muscle soreness, bruises, swelling and tension headaches.
Designed for home and clinical use, this standard sized pack is microwavable for either heated or chilled in the freezer for cold therapy.
Pack is reusable.
Short soft plush fabric is gentle on the skin, frost-free and is washable.
Nice looking RF sealing surrounds the pack making it particularly durable.
The non-toxic biodegradable bentonite clay filler contours after multiple applications of either hot or cold therapy. The pack does not crystallize, but continues its heat or cold duration range during continual use.
Microwaving for heat and chill in freezer for cold therapy.
The pack can be applied with standard Velcro hook to fasten it in body when use.
Use Hot Pack to:
- Relieve muscular pain and aches
- Relieve menstrual cramps
- Relieve minor headaches
- Reduce stiffness
- Promote muscle relaxation
- Relieve minor joint pain
Use Cold Pack to:
- Relieve pain due to sprains & injured muscle
- Relieve pain due to minor burns and bruises
- Reduce swelling and fever
- Relieve minor headaches
- Relieve minor joint and tendon pain
- Relieve pain due to bites and sting
Cautions on Application:
- Do not heat compress in microwave more than two minutes for each use. Excessive heating may cause pack to rupture or leak.
- Check to make sure pack is not too cold or too hot before applying to injured area.
- Treatment time should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Constantly monitor pack application to ensure the patients skin is not becoming irritated.
- Damage to the skin can occur from exposure to extreme heat or cold. Apply or remove towels/our terry covers between compress and injured area if necessary.
- Apply to infants and children with extreme caution.
- Consult physician before using on persons with circulatory problems, desensitized feeling to temperature or who are non-communicative.
- This product is non-toxic, however, it is not intended to be eaten.
Wrapping the pack with a terry cover or a heavy towel to protect users right after heating or chilling of pack when in use.
Click to review our TERRY COVER series for more details>>