Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold
Our hot and cold gel packs are reusable, made of bio-degradable non-toxic materials that will remain a slow-flowing gel of a super-absorbing polymer.
This pack series is kind of double-duty pack that possesses 2 thin layers of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) layer each of 0.2mm thick making packs sturdier yet conformable to the body. With the double layer design, packs do not spill easily or cause contamination even if the container breaks. Also, the double-duty design makes the product softer with superior hand feel particularly in cold use. These premier grade cold-proof vinyl layers can withstand of up to -20℃ for cold and 80℃ for hot.
Ideally use it cold from the freezer for pain, swelling, bruises or sprains. Use it warm from the microwave or boiled water to soothe muscle aches and stiffness.
Pack can soothe pain
How does a cold pack work?
Cold therapy is also known as cryotherapy. It works by reducing blood flow to a particular area, which can significantly reduce inflammation that causes pain, especially around a joint or a tendon. It can temporarily reduce nerve activity, and in the meantime relieve pain.
How does a hot pack work?
Pack adding heat to the area creates an opposite effect, opening the blood vessels up and increasing blood flow through injured tissue. Often, heat therapy is most beneficial when used for a good amount of time, unlike cold therapy which needs to be limited.
- Relaxes tight muscles, causing tissues to relax.
- Decreases pain caused by muscle tension or spasms.
- Causes vasodilatation of the blood vessels, which increases circulation to the area.
Increased circulation to your injured body part helps bring in nutrients, oxygen, and cells that promote healing. This increased circulation can also wash away metabolic waste materials that may be gathered around your injured body site.
Summary of Functions-
Cold Therapy Benefits –
Placing cold packs at the injury site causes the blood vessels, arteries and
veins, to narrow. This reduces blood flow through the area and helps reduce inflammation.
Pain relief – Cold packs are particularly effective at reducing swelling and numbing pain. An injury swells because fluid leaks from blood vessels; cold causes vessels to constrict, reducing them tendency to ooze. The less fluid that leaks from blood vessels, the less swelling results.
Cold packs for pain and swelling caused by bumps, bruises and sprains. Icing by pack will reduce internal bleeding as well.
Ease muscle spasm – Aid muscle relaxation post-injury.
Cooling effect – Reduce fever or cool down on a hot day.
Cold also eases inflammation and muscle spasms.
The sooner you apply a cold pack to a sprain or strain, the sooner it can do its job reducing pain and swelling. For chronic problems such as low back pain or muscle spasms, ice whenever the symptoms start up.
Applications for Use –
- Wipe all moisture from the pack before returning to store in freezer.
- Lay the pack flat for storage in the freezer. Packs will stay soft, even at freezer temperature.
- Store in freezer when not in use.
- Packs are for external use only and are reusable
- Discard if punctured or leaking.
Hot Therapy Benefits –
Heat can increase blood flow and circulation to your injured body that helps bring in nutrients, oxygen, and cells that promote healing. This increased circulation can also wash away metabolic waste materials that may be gathered around your injured body site.
Its help restore movement to injured tissue. Warmth can also reduce joint stiffness, pain, and muscle spasms. As with cold packs, heat packs have a role in easing pain from both acute and chronic injuries, such as sprains, strains, muscle spasms, whiplash, and arthritis. Doctors often suggest using cold packs for the first day or two, and then switching to heat if the symptoms persist or become more chronic.
- Pain relief – applying heat can relieve discomfort in the area of pain. It causes vasodilatation of the blood vessels, which increases circulation to the area.
- To relieve muscle aches, stiffness, tension, and cramps by heating the pack within minutes. Minor stiffness or tension can often be relieved with only about 20 minutes of heat therapy. Moderate to severe pain can benefit from longer sessions of heat therapy like warm bath, lasting between 30 minutes and two hours.
- Ease joint stiffness – improve flexibility by adding heat to your limbs/joints.
- Rapid recovery – increasing blood flow promotes healing of damaged tissue.
- Relaxation – heat therapy soothes and can help alleviate daily stress/anxiety. Relaxes tight muscles, causing tissues to relax.
Applications for Use –
- Simply microwave the gel pack according to its size, and apply to the affected area.
- Heating time is based on 800W microwave or its equivalent, this will be 1.5 minutes to 2 minutes in general. Adjust heating times accordingly to suit the power of your microwave.
- Monitor the gel pack whilst heating. If you observe swelling of the pack, turn off microwave immediately and wait for swelling to subside.
Although you may feel tempted to apply the soothing warmth of a heat pack immediately following an injury, resist the urge. You should treat any new injury with cold for a couple of days before switching to heat. Heat actually may do more damage than good until most of the swelling is gone.
As a general rule of thumb, use ice for acute injuries or pain, along with inflammation and swelling. Use heat for muscle pain or stiffness.
Product Sizes –
Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Standard (11 inch X 14 inch) for upper and lower back
Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Cervical (8 inch X 23 inch) for Shoulder, neck
Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Halfsize ( 7.5 inch X 11 inch) for all purpose
Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Extra Large ( 11 inch X 21 inch) for entire back, upper/lower back, sciatica
OEM and ODM are welcome!
Showing all 1 result
NGL-04-1-013 (Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Halfsize)
NGL-04-1-013 (Gel Pack, Premium, Hot and Cold, Halfsize, 7.5 inchX11 inch)
This hot and cold gel pack is reusable, made of bio-degradable non-toxic materials that will remain a slow-flowing gel of a super-absorbing polymer.
This pack is kind of double-duty pack that possesses 2 thin layers each of 0.2mm thick for the front blue layer and the tranlucent back layer, making packs sturdier yet conformable to the body. With the double layer design, packs do not spill easily or cause contamination even if the container breaks. These premier grade cold-proof vinyl layers can withstand of up to -20℃ for cold and 80℃ for hot.