Moist Heat Pack, Standard Size, 10 inch X 12 inch, NGL-01-1-011
Our Unique Standard Size, Moist Heat Pack
The pack is a simple and effective method of applying moist heat to the treatment area. Patients and clients alike enjoy the benefits of reduced pain, reduced stiffness in painful joint, then increased range of motion. Not only can hot packs be used to increase comfort, scientific research has found multiple therapeutic benefits that aid in recovery for diverse injuries and chronic conditions.
The pack contains non-toxic, bio-degradable filling that evenly distributes and provides up to 30 minutes of deep-felt, soothing, moist heat to soothe discomfort from stiff neck, backache, arthritis, sprains and bruises. This treatment will progress much faster with this great way to deliver moist heat to arm, neck, upper shoulder, back, knee, ankle or other position of the body. Bentonite fillers are locked inside of pack, unable to leak. 100 percent cotton/canvas cover makes it even more comfortable and durable. For more, it structurizes with enhanced heavy duty nylon threading sewn making the pack stronger and durable.
What is the Difference Between Moist and Dry Heat?
Moist and dry heat are the most common superficial heat therapy treatments. However, moist heat is more effective than dry heat in providing deeper penetration of the tissue at the same temperatures. Moist heat also has additional capacity to change the tissue temperature rapidly and obtain more vigorous response from temperature receptors. Patients often report greater relief of symptoms from moist heat. Moist heat can speed recovery by increasing blood flow to the targeted area. This increased circulation brings in fresh blood and takes away the wastes which may slow healing.
In addition, patients usually respond better to moist heat therapy rather than dry heat therapy. Moist heat can be used to heal many different conditions such as pain, stiffness, and deep muscle spasms. It has been reported that moist heat therapy provides relief to a greater number of symptoms.
How do Dry and Moist Heat Compare?
Comparison proves that moist heat has many advantages over dry heat:
Patients usually respond better to moist heat therapy than dry heat therapy and it has been reported that moist heat therapy provides relief to a greater number of symptoms.
It can be used to heal many different conditions such as pain, stiffness, and deep muscle spasms. The ability to relax and relieve stiff, tense and sore muscles, coupled with the ability to stimulate blood flow and improve circulation, while increasing range of motion, and reducing stiffness in painful joints gives heat packs the easy advantage.
- Moist heat is more effective than dry heat in deeper tissue heating.
- Moist heat penetrates more than dry heat at the same temperature.
- Moist heat has additional capacity to change the tissue temperature rapidly and obtain more vigorous response from temperature receptors.
- Patients often report greater relief of symptoms from moist heat.
- Moist heat is preferred over dry heat as a treatment or component of the treatment for the following conditions: pain, stiffness and secondary muscle spasm in chronic arthritis, acute temporomandibular joint closed lock condition, pain and muscle spasm on posterior neck and back in patients with ankylosing spondolytis.
Benefits of Moist Heat Packs
- A hydrocollator pack is easy to apply.
- The packs are of various sizes which fit most clinical needs.
- Moist heat has a more sedative effect than dry heat.
- Low cost, minimal maintenance, long life.
- Maximal temperature is more uniform than in electrically-heated pads.
- The patient does not need much handling.
- The packs can be laid out ready for the patient to place on the affected part.
Instructions to Use:
Just simply immerse pack into Hydrocollator Heating unit to heat, then remove, wrap it in a terry cover or a toweling, then apply to treatment area. The pack can also be heated in water on a stove, in a microwave as well. When treatment is complete, the pack can be stored for future use and is reusable. Suggest to apply moist heat pack with a terry cover or a heavy towel completely wrapped around the pack to protect users from the very hot moist heat pack after microwaving or in a heating unit.