Hot and Cold Compress – Tri-sectional, Size 16 inch X 8 inch, NGL-01-4-015
Product Design Features:
- Uniquely designed combination hot or cold reusable compress with a very comfortable fabric as exterior, having velour-like feel.
- Designed for home use, the compresses are microwavable for heating or can be chilled in the freezer for cold therapy.
- The short plush fabric is gentle on the skin, frost-free, and is washable.
- The RF sealing allows multiple uses.
- The unique filler inside is a non-toxic biodegradable bentonite clay filling, contour conforming after multiple applications of either hot or cold. It will not crystallize, instead will continue its heat or cold duration range during continual home use.
- Microwave for heat and chill in freezer for cold therapy.
- Choice of shapes, sizes enables targeting of therapy.
Hot packs and Heat Therapy
HEAT THERAPY induces vasodilation; dilating blood vessels, heat therapy may help increase blood circulation. Blood drawn into the target tissues delivers needed oxygen and nutrients, and removes cell wastes. The warmth decreases muscle spasm, relaxes tense muscles, relieves pain, and can increase range of motion. Heat therapy is commonly used for dealing with chronic pain.
Cold packs and Cold Therapy (Cryotherapy)
COLD THERAPY produces vasoconstriction: decreasing the blood circulation. Slowing the blood flow and other fluids into the injured tissue reduces swelling, muscle spasm, pain and inflammation.
COLD THERAPY is commonly used to relieve acute pain (approximately the first 3-5 days of an acute injury).
Use Hot Pack to:
- Relieve muscular pain and aches
- Relieve menstrual cramps
- Relieve minor headaches
- Reduce stiffness
- Promote muscle relaxation
- Relieve minor joint pain
Use Cold Pack to:
- Relieve pain due to sprains & injured muscle
- Relieve pain due to minor burns and bruises
- Reduce swelling and fever
- Relieve minor headaches
- Relieve minor joint and tendon pain
- Relieve pain due to bites and sting
Product Warnings/Cautious on Application:
- Do not heat compress in microwave more than two minutes for each use. Excessive heating may cause pack to rupture or leak.
- Check to make sure pack is not too cold or too hot before applying to injured area.
- Treatment time should not exceed 30 minutes.
- Constantly monitor pack application to ensure the patients skin is not becoming irritated.
- Damage to the skin can occur from exposure to extreme heat or cold. Apply or remove towels OR our terry covers between compress and injured area if necessary.
- Apply to infants and children with extreme caution.
- Consult physician before using on persons with circulatory problems, desensitized feeling to temperature or who are non-communicative.
- This product is non-toxic, however, it is not intended to be eaten.